Thursday, November 6, 2008

i'll pick this one...

i am shamelessly obsessed with j's boogers. I can't stand them. And when I see one I HAVE to get it. It is to the point where I will use a bobby pin (i know, i KNOW) to get it if necessary.
so, tonight, while feeding j, I am able to get this sucker without any tools and she is so consumed with eating that she doesn't make a big fuss that I decide to be a jokester.
I tightly pinch that boogie between my index finger and thumb and make a weird squinty face to the hubby and say, "Hmmmm.... weird. What is that?"
He then retrieves the "mystery" item tightly squeezed between my fingers and....
is squinting....
studies it...
and then a look of clarity consumes his face and then...
disgust.
(All the while I have a big smile on my face.)
"Jaaaaaaaaack!" he whines. "That's nasty."
It was very amusing.
And that folks, is how i get my kicks these days...

2 comments:

Amy Hudson said...

That was one of my surprises of motherhood...I had a compulsion to eradicate all boogies! Who knew we would be so concerned about what comes "out" of their bodies? It does get better though, they do it themselves now!

Wyrtzens said...

you are sooooooooooo much like your mother!!